Please read entirely before applying
No phone calls please
We are currently looking for a part time vacation pet sitters in the following areas:
North Greenbush/Wynantskill/West Sand Lake (nights, weekends and holidays)
Wynantskill/North Greenbush (middays weekdays and weekends)
Because of the driving involved, preference will be given to applicants who live within our service area. We try to keep our sitters within a small radius of their home.
The hours will vary based on the needs of the client.
Would you like a job where you’re greeted by happy customers every day and wearing jeans is encouraged? You’ll grow to love the pets under your care as if they were your own.
This job would be right for you if:
* You love pets.
* You have a flexible schedule.
* You work well independently with direction.
* You don’t want a typical sit-at-a-desk job.
* You like not having the same exact schedule every day.
* You possess common sense and know how to use it.
* You take pride in your work.
* You want to get paid to walk!
* You own your own, reliable vehicle
* You are incredibly detail oriented
The pet sitting assignments will vary, depending on the needs of the clients. Hours vary from 6-8am, 10-2pm, 6-9 pm.
Since the schedule can be so sporadic you can never count on a set number of hours each week. You will be on call when work is available so this opportunity is better treated as a part time extra income generator. On average we would estimate an average of 1-25 hours per week.
Essential Job Duties
- Take dog(s) for walks, pick up after them when they go to the bathroom
- Scoop cat litter boxes
- Clean up any accidents a pet may have had (vomit, diarrhea, urine)
- Bring in client’s mail and/or newspapers
- Dispense medications, if necessary to dogs and/or cats
- Document in writing a detailed description of each visit on Daily Diary Form
- Feed and water pets
- Work will be available mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
Nonessential Job Duties
- Occasionally meet with clients
- There may be times that you have to rush an animal to a veterinarian and you need to act accordingly should an emergency arise
- Track mileage driven
- Occasionally work and drive in unfavorable conditions (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
- Be available for last minute requests
- High school diploma
- Comfortable handling a variety of pets, including walking two or more large dogs at a time, dispensing medications, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Own a reliable, insured vehicle
- Have a cell phone
- Have a computer with internet access
- Able to be bonded
- Acute attention to detail
- Must be able to walk dogs, up to several miles per day.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with pets such as a veterinary technician or dog trainer
- Previous pet sitting experience
- Experience in giving insulin injections or subcutaneous fluids
How To Apply
If you’ve read all this, we really want to hear from you! Click here and fill out our application form.
You must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Due to the volume of emails we receive only those who are qualified and meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
No phone calls please!