We are always on the lookout for top-notch candidates to join the Purrfect Pet Sitting staff. If your friends call you the dog or cat “whisperer” you may be a great match for our team and we encourage you to apply. Our award winning services set us apart from the crowd and we expect our employees to share that philosophy.
If you love animals, this could very well be your dream job.
We are currently looking for vacation pet sitters and midday dog walkers in:
Vacation Pet Sitter:
East Greenbush/Rensselaer (mornings 6-8am/evenings 6-8am, weekends and holidays)
Mid-Day Dog Walker:
East Greenbush/Rensselaer (Must be available between 11am-3pm Monday-Friday)
Mid-Day Dog Walker:
Wynantskill/North Greenbush (Must be available between 11am-3pm Monday-Friday)
In order to apply candidates must have the following:
- Own a reliable, insured vehicle
- Clean driving record
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Cell phone with internet access
- Valid driver’s license
- Acute attention to detail
- Must be able to walk dogs, up to several miles per day.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with pets such as a veterinary technician, dog trainer, veterinary assistant, doggie daycare handler, groomer, shelter or rescue volunteer, etc.
- Previous pet sitting experience
- Experience in giving medications to pets.
Because of the driving involved, preference will be given to applicants who live within our service area. We try to keep our sitters within a small radius of their home.
This is a part time job with a growing company. If you’re looking for a long-term career in pet care, we encourage you to apply!
Read THIS to find out what makes pet sitting an awesome part time job.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Purrfect Pet Sitting? Read the testimonials from our current and former employees here.
What Exactly Does A Pet Sitter Do?
- Take dog(s) for walks, pick up after them when they go to the bathroom
- Scoop cat litter boxes
- Clean up any accidents a pet may have had (vomit, diarrhea, urine)
- Bring in client’s mail and/or newspapers
- Dispense medications, if necessary to dogs and/or cats
- Document in writing a detailed description of each visit on Daily Diary Form
- Feed and give water to pets
- Occasionally meet with clients
- Occasionally work and drive in unfavorable conditions (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
How To Apply
If you’ve read all this, we really want to hear from you! Click here and fill out our application form.
Due to the volume of emails we receive only those who are qualified and meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
No phone calls please!