No Phone Calls Please
We are currently looking for a part time pet sitter in each of the following areas:
Averill Park/Sand Lake
Wynantskill/Poestenkill/Troy (East or South)
Because of the driving involved, preference will be given to applicants who live within our service area. We try to keep our sitters within a small radius of their home.
Would you like a job where you’re greeted by happy customers every day? Pet sitting can be a very rewarding job. You’ll grow to love the pets under your care as if they were your own.
The pet sitting assignments will vary, depending on the needs of the clients. Visits for dogs should be done around the same time each day to assure continuity for the dogs. Dog sitting assignments may be anywhere from 2-4 visits per day consisting of twenty minutes each. Some cat sitting visits and/or midday dog walks (for clients working long hours) may only be once a day. Hours vary from 6-8am, 10-2pm, 6-9 pm.
Since the schedule can be so sporadic you can never count on a set number of hours each week. You will be on call when work is available so this opportunity is better treated as a part time extra income generator. On average we would estimate an average of 5-25 hours per week.
You must be flexible and understand that we operate based on our client’s needs. Our clients may have emergencies that require they leave on short notice or they may have planned a trip well in advance and need to change their schedule at the last moment.
Essential Job Duties
- Take dog(s) for walks, pick up after them when they go to the bathroom
- Scoop cat litter boxes
- Clean up any accidents a pet may have had (vomit, diarrhea, urine)
- Bring in client’s mail and/or newspapers
- Dispense medications, if necessary to dogs and/or cats
- Document in writing a detailed description of each visit on Daily Diary Form
- Feed and water pets
- Work will be available mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
You won’t be required to do EVERY visit if you are unable but we do prefer to have only one person assigned to a client while they are away. Most vacation visits last anywhere from three days to three weeks.
Nonessential Job Duties
- Occasionally meet with clients
- There may be times that you have to rush an animal to a veterinarian and you need to act accordingly should an emergency arise
- Track mileage driven
- Occasionally work and drive in unfavorable conditions (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
- Be available for last minute requests
- High school diploma
- Comfortable handling a variety of pets, including walking two or more large dogs at a time, dispensing medications, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Own a reliable, insured vehicle
- Have a cell phone
- Have a computer with internet access
- Able to be bonded
- Acute attention to detail
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with pets such as a veterinary technician or dog trainer
- Previous pet sitting experience
- Experience in giving insulin injections or subcutaneous fluids
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our team please email your resume to us at email@example.com putting the location you’re applying for (Averill Park/Sand Lake, East Greenbush/Schodack/Castleton or North Greenbush/Rensselaer) in the subject line. Please also include the answers to the following questions:
Are you available to do morning, midday and evening visits? 6-8am, 11am-1pm and 6pm-9pm?
Can you work on Holidays (including Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years & 4th of July)?
Can you comfortably walk two or more dogs at a time?
Can you comfortably handle a dog up to 100 pounds?
Are you able to give a pill to a dog or a cat?
Are you able to give insulin injections to a dog or a cat?
Are there any pets you prefer not to care for?
If yes, please explain
Are you looking for a long term position or a seasonal position?
Please describe any pet ownership, pet care or pet sitting experience:
What is your motivation in joining our team?
How did you hear about the position?
You must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Due to the volume of emails we receive only those who are qualified and meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
No phone calls please!